This is a very crunchy (I love the texture it adds) chicken salad. It’s also very chunky instead of being more of a spreadable type. This doesn’t stop me from making a sandwich out of it. Yumm!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 hardboiled eggs
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/4 onion
- salt/pepper to taste
- Miracle Whip (or Mayo)
- 1 can chicken broth
- Boil chicken in chicken broth to poach, let cool (you can do this while the eggs boil if you like)
- chop chicken into 1/2 inch chunks
- dice onion and celery (tutorial to come)
- chop and add COLD eggs (I like to just go all caveman on this one instead of trying for an even dice. Sometimes you get a big chunk. other times it’s muddled more into an egg salad. Each bite is a little different. Variety is the spice of life, right?)
- Add Miracle Whip (I’m not putting an amount. Just dole it out on spoonful at a time till you get a consistency you like)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shred the chicken if you don’t care for a chunky salad.
- Omit Celery if you don’t care for the crunch. Or replace with pickles or cucumbers if you want a more subtle crunch
- Use scallions instead of onion if the flavor is too strong
- Try unique additions like dried cranberries, walnuts, grapes, etc.
- save the chicken broth for dinner another night. Or freeze it and drag it out the next time you need broth. When I know I won’t need it for a while, I put some doggie kibble in a baggie and pour the broth over it. It’s a nice treat when she’s especially good