Crockpot Beef Burritos
- 2-3 lbs Beef Roast (whatever cut you like)
- 1 packet of taco mix
- 1 lime
- 1 can beef broth or consume
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
Chop Beef into 1.5 inch cubes. Toss into a ziptop freezer bag. Add all ingredients using only 1/2 the lime juice. Either freeze for a later date or toss it all into the crock pot for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high (long and low is ALWAYS preferable with this one). When ready to eat, shred (if tender enough) or chop beef into small pieces. Taste and add salt and more lime juice to taste. Serve with tortillas, rice, salsa… whatever floats your boat. We eat this with Lime/Cilantro Rice. Easy enough to make. 2 cups (uncooked) rice, cooked then tossed with chopped cilantro (to taste) and the juice of one lime.
- I’m not a big fan of spice. I’ve just never had a tolerance for it. I usually buy the McCormick MILD Taco Seasoning. But I had a coupon for El Paso so figured we’d give that a try. Their “original” flavor had more spice than I would have liked. So if you have someone in the house who hates spice, go with McCormick’s Mild
- Feel free to add water or beef broth if you need more liquid to cover your meat. The secret to good crockpot meals is making sure meat is COVERED with liquid.
- The longer you cook this the better it gets! Don’t be afraid to make a batch of this on the weekend and toss it in the freezer. Whatever day you want to have burritos, you can toss the frozen mix into your crockpot on low and forget about it till dinner time!