Garlic Lemon and Herb Fish
We used trout that we got here. But any decent white fish should do the trick. We got it cleaned but not filleted. So this was head on, whole fish (minus the guts).
- Mix some garlic and herb mix with some flour and salt (to taste). Make enough to cover the fish.
- Rinse the fish and salt the inside (I use kosher for just about everything)
- Slice some thin slices of lemon and stuff inside (with the trout we had, it took 3 slices to fill the fish from head to toe)
- Dredge the fish in the flour/garlic mixture
- Place into a hot pan with 1/2 butter 1/2 olive oil heated in the bottom. Fry fish till done (opaque and flakey) turning once mid way
- Serve hot and enjoy!
I apologize for not having pictures of this one. But since I just bought hubby a new fishing pole, I hope to be cooking fish more often that we previously did.