Jamacian Not-Very-Nice Chicken
Jamacian Jerk Chicken without the spice.
Feel free to add some heat into this. I’ve just never been a fan of spicy foods and hubby found a recipe then modified it to suit my pathetically sensitive pallet.
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp blackstrap mollasses
- 1 red onion (I only had a white) diced
- 1 scallion diced
- 3 cloves garlic (substituted garlic powder…why is it so hard to find garlic around here?!)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme or 1 tsp dry thyme
- 2 dry bay leaves crushed fine (I ground these in my mortar with some salt)
- 1/2 tsp each allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp pepper
Combine everything and marinate as long as desired. Cook on grill for best results.