Apple Butter Biscuit Cookies
Please note, these are much more biscuits than cookies. Very thick and fluffy. Not a dense, chewy cookie like a toll house chocolate chip. These are more of like a tea cookie. But the taste is very fall/xmas with the rich apple butter. Very good!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup nuts
Preheat oven to 350° F. and grease cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, cream sugar and shortening.
- Add apple butter and baking soda.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder alternately with milk. Mix well.
- Add vanilla and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoon onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Made these without nuts. We couldn’t find a good price on any nuts we thought would taste good in these. One sheet of them, we pressed a walnut half into the middle just before cooking.